Reveal Edge Ceiling Tiles
Ceiling tiles are available in many different edge and size options, which can become confusing at times especially if you are trying to replace some of the tiles in an existing ceiling.
Reveal Edge ceiling tiles, or Tegular Edge as they are also known, are associated with a rebated or beveled edge to the tile which allows it to sink just below the grid level once installed.
It is purely a design feature and often adds to the cost of a suspended ceiling tile.
The term ‘Tegular’ was coined by Armstrong but is now widely used throughout the ceilings industry. Other manufacturers sometimes refer to this edge detail as VT24 or E24.
Why Choose Reveal Edge Tiles?
Reveal edge tiles hang a quarter of an inch below the grid, so the ceiling looks like a field of protruding squares which is often more pleasing for the eye than the standard square edge ceiling tile.
Reveal or tegular tiles can, however, be slightly more complicated to fit and work with than a standard square edge ceiling tile.
When fitting a ceiling using standard square edge tiles, you can easily trim the tile to fit when you need to. Because of the protruding square on a tegular tile, it can be difficult to trim them to size if you need a smaller tile in a certain spot.
If you are deciding between standard square edge and reveal edge tiles you will have to consider this and weigh up the aesthetic advantages against the potential for added difficulty when installing.
The rebated edge of a reveal style suspended ceiling tile means that, when laid in place, the tile face sits proud of the grid. The finished effect creates greater depth and texture. You wouldn’t usually mix board style and reveal edge tiles.
Popular Reveal Edge Tiles
These tiles are for 24mm grid only, if you need rebated tiles for 15mm grid see our [Reveal/Microlook Edge Ceiling Tiles].
Armstrong Dune Supreme Perforated
- This tile is a very popular, modern tile with a sand textured finish. The Dune Supreme has needle perforations that assist with acoustics whilst offering 99% humidity resistance. This tile is available in a vast range of size and edge details across the Dune family.
AMF Thermatex Fine Stratos Micro Perforated
- This ceiling tile has a light sand-textured finish with fine needle perforations to assist with acoustics.
- Good sound absorption (0.6) and high humidity resistance (95%)
Rockfon Artic E24
- The Rockfon Artic has a micro-textured smooth white finish, this tile offers great value for money and is a high performance ceiling tile with a lightweight stone wool composition
- Class A1 fire reaction and sound absorption with high humidity resistance up to 100% RH