Identifying Rockfon Suspended Ceiling Tiles
Rockfon is a subsidiary of Rockwool International which is the world's largest producer of stone wool products.
Rockwool International have factories in The Netherlands, France and Poland, all producing Rockfon ceiling products which are distributed by various suppliers all over the world.
Rockfon ceilings use a patented technology to create high quality stone wool (resin-bonded mineral wool) ceiling products. Due to this manufacturing process, the products perform extremely well in the areas of humidity resistance, fire reaction and sound absorption.
Steps to identify
Part 1 - Clarify it is definitely a Rockfon ceiling product - Check:
- Green backing (this is unique to Rockfon) apart from the odd product. This is a fibreglass type material (Rockwool).
- They primarily have a flat white, clean look finish. (Detail below on subtle differences)
Part 2 - Which Rockfon product is it?
Rockfon products are very difficult to separate apart (even for the experts). The finish to the face pattern of the tiles are all very similar, which effectively makes it a process of elimination. Try these following steps:
- Thickness/depth is a possible starting point to identification. The more entry level products are usually slightly thinner 12-15mm with the more premium tiles 15-20mm plus.
- Finish to face of the tile. All are very similar and difficult to differentiate between tiles (especially to the layman). There are two main finishes:
You'll see from the images above displaying two different products, that although described as different in the literature, in reality, they are very similar looking products.
Finally, as many Rockfon tiles are quite high spec and used in high end premises, please check if there is an O&M manual available for product information.
Popular Rockfon Ceiling Tiles
- Rockfon Artic - CIS ROCX (This product took over from Rockfon Pacific)
- Rockfon Alaska - CIS ROCA
- Rockfon Koral